Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Island Hopping

Cotton candy must me a little more popular in the Philippines than it is in America because they even sell cotton candy floats at McDonalds.  I tried one and it wasn't that great.  I guess I don't like cotton candy flavored pop.  Their McDonalds also sells other floats, and a couple different things like spaghetti.
While on Palawan our hotel was decent.  I think we Americans are just a little high maintenance.  At more than one of our hotels we complained about cold showers air conditioning not working.  This next picture is of the breakfast.  They tried to make it fancy, but most of the charm was wasted on me once I saw all the bugs jumping around the food.
We spent most of the day island hopping.  Our tour group went snorkeling and swimming on three different islands.  The first one was pretty small.  It was pretty empty too so I liked it.
This place was fun because they had a high jump I got to try out a couple times.  The sand was also nice and smooth.
While on the second island we ate lunch.  Under the water on this island was supper rocky.  It wasn't as smooth and pretty, but it actually was my favorite because they had the prettiest fish!  I spend the most time snorkeling here.  It was great.
We saw lots of people selling coconuts.
The third island was similar to the first because the beach was smooth and pretty, but this one didn't have any fish.

By the end of the day I was super sunburned!  I did put on sunblock but apparently not nearly enough.  My legs hurt so bad it was the worst sunburn I've ever had.  Every time I stood up for the next entire day it hurt so much!
The trip back to my parents house was a little crazy.  After flying back to the main island we couldn't find our driver for a while.  Once we found him he drove us to a bus then we got on the bus and rode to my parents town it took a while.  The bus was freezing though and my legs were killing me.  We ended up getting back after midnight which wouldn't be so bad.  The problem was we all needed to hurry and do laundry because we were leaving at 3:30am for our next trip.  I ended up falling asleep for a couple hours.  I think my mom stayed up the whole time switching laundry.  Their washing machine took a little more involvement than I'm used to. 

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

Wow Doranda - what a trip for you. I'm so glad you were able to go.